Monday, February 16, 2009

Mr Murphy, My Belated But Unwanted Valentine

Murphy came knocking once again.

I was almost close to tears.

It was 8.30pm. I was cold. Tired. Hungry.

I was still in the office.

And this time, I was locked inside the office.

Because my keys were locked in the students' office.

When I should be safely locked inside, I was locked outside.

When I should be safely outside a locked office, I was locked inside.

Murphy, Murphy, I know I didn't have a date on Valentine's,

But you really need not come knocking ... ...

Editor's Note:
You need to read the blog entry on “A Stormy Adventure” where I was locked out of my house to fully understand the context of this entry and how miserable I felt when I found myself locked in the office. Nevertheless, Nelly became my superhero when she braved the cold and dark night to rescue me from my pathetic situation. On a positive note, we spent some time walking her back and admiring the stars. This time, we could identify the Orion and see The Milky Way clearly (also read “A Night Under the Stars” to understand context).

No comments:

Post a Comment