Saturday, November 01, 2008

Scrapping Leftovers

I went on a spending spree yesterday. I splurged R90 (including tips) on a sushi set at a local restaurant and R13 for a bag of chips & drink. For two weeks, I have managed to survive without spending a single cent. I was rather proud of myself. At the same time, I was also taken aback by my own behaviour and what I had done to save up money. It was not something that I would normally do.

I was fortunate to be assigned to coordinate the LoveLife group who were taking our meals. Thus, I had the opportunity to have at least one meal with them daily, and I would packed some of the leftovers, freezing them for future use. I would strategised such that I have just enough for myself over the weekends, and during lunch or dinner. I would also try to exercise my creativity to create new dishes from the leftovers, instead of eating the same combination =).

Yo, looking back at the last two weeks. I really cannot believe what I was doing. I did not expect myself to be scrapping for leftovers. Nevertheless, other than saving money, the benefits were that I did not have to do much cooking and that I did not take much meat, since leftovers were usually just the rice, sauce and mix vegetables. The problem was that I had more carbo than I would normally take! Plus, I am also taking larger servings than I would normally have taken.

Unfortunately, I am now back to normalcy. Will be starting to cook my normal meals tomorrow! Thinking back, wow, it really had been an interesting two weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment