Monday, October 20, 2008

A World Class Musical Written By Nature

The whole room brightened for a split second, followed by a loud roaring sound so close that it caused my roof to vibrate. Heavy rain pattered against the window panes in rhythms with the howling wind. It was indeed a world class musical written by nature - the first serious thunderstorm that we had in Golden Gate since winter.

The sky was magnificent earlier this evening. The dark clouds gathered tightly behind the mountains, causing the sky to quickly changed its mood from a calm blue to a gloomy gray, A series of beautiful lightnings started to colour the greying sky, each followed by deep angry thunder. The scene was so intense that I could feel my heart beat faster with the increasing streaks of light flashing across the sky.

Another flash of lightening strike close, and I counted. One, two... it was quickly followed by an angry roar. This time, I swore my walls were vibrating. Clenching my pillow tightly, I cuddled underneath my blankets, and with mixed feelings, I prayed that my roof would hold as I continued to enjoy the world class musical written by nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment