Saturday, October 04, 2008

It just dawned upon me ....

It's Saturday 4th Oct 2008, 6:15 52sec ....

It just dawned upon me that I am in South Africa.

Alone.

Fulfilling my aspirations and dreams.

I have been just busy learning, adapting and being involved in the daily operations that I forgot that I am actually in a totally strange and new place....

10 years ago, i never thought that I would be where I am today.

I have always been fearful and weary. And had always prefer the “safe option”.

“Why don't you want to study overseas? Me & Mom are willing to send you overseas!”

I must be one of those strange kids who actually rejected my parents to send me to an overseas university. I wanted to be close to home.

I remembered also backing out on one community project in China because I didn't have confident with the organisers, and actually worried it was a 'scam'. I had lots of regret when the rest continued with the journey and gained/gave so much.

“You have made a very selfish decision. You should have done this before you got married.”

“But just go ahead and enjoy yourself.”

Moms will always be moms. They may not agree with your decision, but will support you all the way.

It may not be a big deal to many, especially those who have been educated overseas, but for me – it's one of those decisions that I thought I would never have the courage to make.

And it's also the support and encouragement that I have from home that gave me the strength - my hubby, parents, in-laws, relatives, friends and school. Thank you for believing in me and allowing me to make this selfish decision.

Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment